miHoYo Co., Ltd. has released the much-awaited update 3.5 for Genshin Impact for all platforms which has added new quests, weapons, enemies, and characters to the game along with some optimizations and tweaks to improve the gameplay.
Firstly, the update adds two new characters to Genshin Impact: “Flame-Mane” Dehya, a 5-star Pyro character who wields a Claymore, and “Coordinates of Clear Frost” Mika, a 4-stat Cryo character who wields a polearm.
Two new weapons have also been added: The “Beacon of the Reed Sea” and the “Mailed Flower” are 5-star and 4-star claymores respectively.
There are three new quests available for players:
- Archon Quest Chapter III: Act VI “Caribert” – You will have to be adventure rank 35 or above and will need to complete Archon Quest Chapter III: Act V “Akasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises”
- Dehya’s Story Quest – Mantichora Chapter: Act I “Lionsblood” will be available only after achieving adventure rank 40 and completing Archon Quest Chapter III: Act V “Akasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises”
- Hangout Event: Faruzan – Act I “A Confounding Conundrum” will also require players to be above adventure rank 40 and complete the Archon Quest Chapter III: Act V “Akasha Pulses, the Kalpa Flame Rises” as well as Tighnari’s Story Quest “Vulpes Zerda Chapter: Act I – The Unanswerable Problems”
Two new enemies have been added for players to challenge: The Black Serpent Knight: Rockbreaker Ax and the Abyss Herald: Frost Fall. The former becomes stronger if it hits a character while shielded at the cost of its own health, while some of the latter’s attacks will decrease the player’s stamina.
The first phase of the update will include three event wish banners:
- Dehya + Barbara + Bennett + Collei
- Cyno + Barbara + Bennett + Collei
- Beacon of the Reed Sea + Staff of the Scarlet Sands + The Alley Flash + Alley Hunter + Sacrificial Greatsword + Dragon’s Bane + Eye of Perception
Players will receive 300 free Primogems as compensation for the maintenance that was held for Genshin Impact from 6 am (UTC+8) till 11 am (UTC+8) on March 1, 2023, so they can essentially make a free wish and try their luck at getting one of the newly added characters.
Check out the official trailer for the update: