Capcom has finally added the Mercenaries mode to Resident Evil 4 Remake in a free update. The Mercenaries mode sees the player fight off waves of enemies to achieve high scores and obtain rewards.
You can achieve four ranks in this: A, S, S+, and S++, each requiring you to gain 100,000, 200,000, 500,000, and 1,000,000 points respectively.
Reaching the higher ranks will be challenging and will require the player to master combat. There are multiple other things the player will need to take care of to achieve higher ranks like S+ and S++.
Get the orbs first
At the start of the game, enemies will be few and far between, and moving around the map will be much easier than later when you will have hordes of zombies coming after you.
So it’s a good idea to go after the orbs at the start of the game as you can extend the time limit while also not wasting precious seconds as you won’t get blocked off by zombies.
As you’re running all over the map getting the orbs, you will also be rounding up all the enemies and by the time you’re done with the orbs, you’ll have a horde of them on your tail, which is good as you can now use them to get combo points.
Focus on getting combos
Killing enemies consecutively within a period completes combos. These combos will add a multiplier to the score, increasing the points you get every time you kill an enemy. There are levels to the combos; the higher the combo the higher the multiplier.
- Killing 10 enemies consecutively will give a 1.1x multiplier.
- Killing 25 enemies consecutively will give a 1.2x multiplier.
- Killing 50 enemies consecutively will give a 1.3x multiplier.
- Killing 70 enemies consecutively will give a 1.4x multiplier.
- Killing 100 enemies consecutively will give a 1.5x multiplier.
Additionally, don’t forget to activate Mayhem Mode as it gets you bonus points. Also, only 150 enemies will spawn in each stage and when you kill the last one (assuming you have left) the game will automatically end and the points will be calculated, which is another reason to get the combos.
Also Read: Meet Your Maker: Tips and tricks for beginners
Know the time increase for every type of kill
Apart from destroying the green orbs which gives a 30-90 second increase, there are other ways to increase the time.
- Defeating strong enemies will increase the time by 20-30 seconds.
- Defeating enemies using a knife will increase the time by 4 seconds
- Defeating enemies using Mayhem Mode will increase the time by 2 seconds.
- Defeating enemies with melee attacks will increase the time by 2 seconds.
- Defeating enemies with headshots will increase the time by 2 seconds.
- Defeating enemies with explosives will increase the time by 1 second.
Go after chickens
While moving around the map killing enemies, you might come across chickens. Make sure to kill these chickens as they drop golden eggs which when picked up give you 50,000 points. Keep in mind these chickens move fast and can be hard to kill with knives and handguns so make sure to use a shotgun.